Beginning at 09:00 PDT (16:00 GMT) on Saturday, May 28th 2016, our hosting service Rackspace will perform a major infrastructure revision that will take down our site for some period of time. The optimistic prediction is that our site will be unavailable for about one hour. It is possible that incompatibilities with Rackspace’s new systems may require us to be down for at least several days. We apologize for any inconvenience, but this is a matter out of our control. Thank you for your patience.
MyHealthOutcomes provides heart patients with a simple, low-cost, scientific way to measure and track their health status and share how they are doing with their doctors and family.
MyHealthOutcomes provides online tools that enable patients to track themselves using the premier cardiovascular health-related quality-of-life measures:
- Seattle Angina Questionnaire: for patients with coronary artery disease, chest pain, heart attack, bypass surgery, angioplasty or stents
- Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire: for patients with congestive heart failure
- Peripheral Artery Questionnaire for patients with blood vessel problems in hips and legs
These instruments are widely used all over the world in hundreds of clinical trials. Many physician practices, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, and universities are also using them for clinical care and quality improvement efforts. However, MyHealthOutcomes is the only place that patients can directly obtain and use these accurate, predictive measures for themselves.
- Complete monthly questionnaires — SAQs, KCCQs, and/or PAQs
- Receive immediate evaluation about any significant changes in their scores
- Review their scores over time
- Receive email reminders when they are due to complete new questionnaires
- Print out reports of their scores to take with them when they see their doctors
- Track their medications and other treatments online
- Permit their doctors to access their online records
- Communicate with other patients at MyHealthOutcomes in group forums based on their clinical problems
MyHealthOutcomes is a new project by two cardiologists — John Spertus, creator of the SAQ, KCCQ, and PAQ, and Stan Kaufman, technical developer of this web site. Currently MyHealthOutcomes is in a testing phase open to patients at John’s clinical institution. In a few months we expect that we’ll open to general subscribers.
If you've already signed up at our site, login here.